Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So Disappointed....

I may have tasted kettle korn a couple of times and it really didn't move me. Yesterday I just happened to find these Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop! 100 Calorie Mini Bags on sale at Food Lion - buy one get one free - so I figured "why not"? Well now I know the answer. I took one bag, which is actually pretty small, and threw it in the microwave for the recommended time which was approximately 1 1/2 minutes. The directions say to listen until the popping slows down to about 1 to 2 seconds in between pops. Well that wasn't nearly enough time. I had to pop three bags to end up with a full bag. Also, each time the popcorn was soft and a little soggy. I wasn't able to get the full taste of the popcorn - it was very bland. I definitely will not be purchasing this again.

Nutrition Info Calories 100 Total Fat 1.5g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 150mg Potassium 105mg Carbohydrate 23g Fiber 3g Protein 3g
Ingredients POPPING CORN,PALM OIL,BUTTER(CREAM,ANNATTO),LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT,NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SUCRALOSE, TBHQ AND CITIRC ACID, MILK

No comments: