Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm On The Fence About This One...

I have heard of Kellogg's Cracker Chips but I honestly haven't really paid attention to them. Today while in Target I passed by a display featuring these and saw the Southwest Ranch flavor and was immediately intrigued. I have probably mentioned before I love anything Ranch flavored or dipped in Ranch plus I love any type of southwestern food or snack. I figured at $2.99 a box it would be worth a try. As soon as I got home I eagerly tore into the box, but I probably could have waited. The texture of these are definitely those of a cracker. The taste is kind of light for me. The spice is not really a southwestern and it's not ranch either. I really can't describe what it is and it leaves a strange aftertaste. The good thing is there are 27 crackers in a serving, but for the number of points they have (2) I would probably rather have a small bag of Doritos.

Nutrition Info
Serving Size 27 chips Calories 110 Total Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 230mg Potassium 170mg Total Carbohydrate 22g Fiber 3g
Ingredients
POTATOES, POTATO STARCH, BROWN RICE FLOUR, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW CORN MEAL, OAT FIB ER, MALTODEXTRIN, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF SALT, WHEY, DEXTROSE, BUTTERMILK POWDER, MONOGLYCERIDES, SOUR CREAM (CREAM, NONFAT MILK, CULTURES), PALM OIL, GARLIC POWDER, ONION POWDER, LACTIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, TOMATO POWDER, SPICES, CITRIC ACID, WHEAT FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, YEAST EXTRACT, CULTURED NONFAT MILK, PARSLEY, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE

No comments: