Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Chip'ins

I love, love, love salty snacks. One thing I love about the Weight Watchers program is that I can still have my fries, onion rings and chips. While perusing my local Walmart I ran across this new product - at least new to me. I'm familiar with the Popcorn, Indiana brand. Their popcorn is pretty tasty. I'm still trying to find their Sweet & Tangy BBQ somewhere. I had never even heard of their chip'ins before today. The bags were $2 each and they had Sea Salt and the flavor I chose - White Cheddar. All of Indiana, Popcorn's products are gluten free, which I know a lot of people are looking for. Snack lovers beware! These chips were so addictive! They are like little triangles of popcorn. They really taste like white cheddar. At first I thought the texture was weird but I quickly got used to it. Every bite was delightfully delicious. They are whole grain but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the taste. The only downside is that I thought they would be a little lower in points, but for the taste and the fact that they have whole grains (which is a good thing), I'll take it. Plus, you seem to get a lot for those points. They also have Hot Buffalo Wing and Jalepeno Ranch which I'm really eager to try.
At $2 a bag I will look for a coupon the next time I purchase them.


Nutrition Info
Serving Size 1 oz. (About 18 chips)
Calories 130
Total Fat 4g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 210mg
Fiber 1g
Protein 2g

Ingredients: CORN, SUNFLOWER OIL, WHEY (MILK), MALTODEXTRIN, CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, AND ENZYMES), CANOLA OIL, SALT, YEAST EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID


Photo courtesy of popcornindiana.com

No comments: