Thursday, April 19, 2012

Great Alternative to Wings!!


In my opinion there is nothing better than buffalo wings during a football game or a movie. The downside is that they are often high in calories and fat - so they are a rare treat. Walmart carries Simmons Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings. I paid around $6.50 for 1lb 9 oz. On the box it states, "sauce'm how you want'em", but in actuality you really don't need sauce at all-they were seasoned perfectly. They come fully cooked and I heated them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. They turned out so crispy on the outside and juicy on the outside. I used hot sauce on half and honey bbq sauce on the other half. I was so surprised at how good these wings were. I could actually replace my regular fried wings with these on a regular basis. And since I'm reconsidering a lot of my eating habits regarding meat and processed food, I appreciate that they use chicken from independent farmers and are adamant about the humane treatment of their chickens. Check out their position here. Nutrition Info
Calories 160
Total Fat 8g
Cholesterol 50mg
Sodium 870mg
Carbohydrates 3g
Fiber 0g
Protein 19g

No comments: