Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Emerald Vanilla Roast Almonds 100 Calorie Pack

Somewhere along the line for whatever reason I decided I wanted to try 100 calorie almonds. I'm sure there was a health benefit tied to it but between the Paleo Diet, clean eating and IIFYM, I am on overload. Anywho, I was seriously pumped when I ran across Emerald's 100 calorie Vanilla Roast almond packs with extra Vanilla Bean Flavor. If you ever want me to try a new food just throw Vanilla Bean in there and I am sold. I'm also obsessed with anything that smells like Vanilla Bean. Now that I think about it, it's all kind of weird. I digress, but I just knew that these almonds would cure my bouts of hunger at work, give me clear skin and shiny hair and provide world peace. Well I'm 0 for 4. These almonds were sickingly sweet. Like way too sweet.  I also feel bamboozled because in know way did I detect vanilla bean. *Shaking fist*. You fooled me Emerald! 

I've been researching ways to make my own amazing almonds in the flavor of my choice so I'm going to try that.  At 3.49 a box for these for seven bags, and given the way these tasted, that might be a better deal. Have you tried these or any other flavor of the 100 calorie packs?  If so, let me know what you thought. 

No comments: