Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Marie Callender - who knew?


I love, love, love Marie Callender. Unfortunately it's not something I thought I could have aona regular basis due to the high calorie content. Well imagine my surprise when I run across this Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna which claims to have only 300 calories per serving in Walmart. I believe I paid $2.50 for the meal. It's the perfect size for splitting with someone or saving some for later. The great thing is a serving is one cup. Can you imagine a frozen meal where the calories are actually reasonable? Well it's here people! And it is so yummy! The directions say to nuke it for approximately six minutes but I think my microwave is headed for the appliance graveyard in the sky so I threw it in there for about six minutes and baked it for about 10. The top was baked nicely and boy oh boy was this good! Not too salty like a lot of meals can be and to be honest although it has italian sausage, pepperoni and beef, I only tasted the sausage. I'm not a fan of eating frozen meals on a regular basis but I think they're good to have in a pinch or if you have a hankering for some pasta and don't want the fat and calories if a dish from a restaurant. Have you tried it?



No comments: