Friday, July 15, 2011

Can't Fool Me Twice!





My mother did always tell me I was
hard headed. But like most kids I would sit in denial and think my
mother was just aging perhaps had me mixed up with another sibling.
But now after all these years - perhaps Mother does know best. I
absolutely love everything cheesecake - cheesecake ice cream,
cheesecake brownies - you name it - I'm a sucker for it. Imagine how
my heart jumped for joy when I was in Walmart and spied Yo Crunch
cheesecake yogurt with graham cookie pieces! Pure joy and happiness.
I could finally give the middle finger to those high calorie, high
fat slices of cheesecake that would sit on my hips no matter how many
zumba classes I took. Now because I am hard headed I ignored that
nagging feeling in my gut that told me that this snack and myself
were previously acquainted. After all, these were now packaged in
cute little 1oo calorie 4-packs. How could I ever deny them? Well
when I got home and tore into one of these little babies - I got my
answer. As I took my first bite the familiar taste invaded my mouth.
Although I liked the addition of the cookie pieces, the yogurt itself
left a lot to be desired. The cheesecake yogurt of course tasted
nothing like cheesecake - it actually wasn't even sweet! Imagine
that! The texture was yogurt sho nuff, but the taste was bland,
bland, bland. The only redeeming quality is the crunch from the
graham cookie pieces. Then it suddenly hit me!  I have tried this in the past and don't remember a fondness for it whatsoever.  Those darn cutie patootie cups had me fooled!  So the verdict - a definite no.  Now I may try
the vanilla with chocolate chip cookie pieces in the future, but as
far as the cheesecake? Well I think I've finally learned my lesson.


Nutrition Info

Serving size 1 container


Calories 100
Total Fat 1.5
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 75mg
Total Carbohydrate 20g
Protein 3g

No comments: